A documentary series featuring all the US military engagements during the period of 1700-2004.
The US took its growing military might and entered the world stage of burgeoning colonialism desires. The Spanish-American War and even eventual entry into the World War in 1917.
- 1750 – Native American Horse Cultures Dominate the Great Plains (00:03:06). The Pueblo Indian revolt led directly to the creation of the American Indian horse culture in the 18th century.
- 1876 – Battle at the Little Big Horn (00:02:56). At the Battle of Little Big Horn, George Armstrong Custer was defeated by Crazy Horse leading northern Indian Plains tribes.
- 1890 – Battle at Wounded Knee (00:02:49). The Battle of Wounded Knee, fought t stop the Ghost Dance, happened after the great Sioux leader, Sitting Bull, was killed.
- 1898 – Sinking of the Maine (00:03:58). The Sinking of the Maine launches American imperialism to take over Cuba, the Philippines, Guam, Puerto Rico and destroys the Spanish fleet and makes the reputation of, Teddy Roosevelt.
- 1914 – 1917 America Prepares for World War I (00:04:53). World War I begins but President Woodrow Wilson keeps America out of War until the Arthur Zimmerman telegram demonstrates Germany’s involvement in North American politics.
- 1917 – America Enters World War I (00:04:12). During World War I, America’s Selective Service Act, drafts men to fight against Germany; and from this war, heroes, such as John Black Jack Pershing and Eddie Rickenbacker, would emerge, as well as the call for League of Nations, created by President Woodrow Wilson.
The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 Series
You can find a full index and overview of The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 27 December 2004.
- Running Time: 27 minutes (per episode).
- Rating: PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.