A documentary series featuring all the US military engagements during the period of 1700-2004.
There were not any battles between nations, instead the USA and the USSR engaged in all means and methods of skulduggery against each other in direct and indirect means rather than use atomic weapons.
- 1952 – The Marshall Plan Wins the Battle for Western Europe (00:02:46). The Marshall Plan was developed after World War II by George Marshall, and was used to save Europe from Stalin and Russia, though a Cold War developed, which created an Iron Curtain across Eastern Europe and a Western Europe protected by NATO.
- 1954 – John Foster Dulles Becomes Eisenhower’s Cold War Warrior (00:03:52). The Cold War, started under Harry Truman, was continued by cold war warriors John Foster Dulles and Eisenhower, eventually resulting in a stand against communism in the Vietnam War.
- 1962 – Cuban Missile Crisis (00:03:56). The Cuban Missile Crisis pitted John Kennedy against Khrushchev and Fidel Castro in America’s cold war fight against, communism.
- 1964 – Vietnam War: Congress Passes Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (00:04:24). America scaled up the Vietnam War with the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution proposed by Lyndon Johnson to fight communism and the Viet Cong.
- 1968 – Vietnam War: The Tet Offensive (00:03:51). The Vietnam War’s Tet Offensive would mark the end of US begun by Lyndon Johnson, and the rise of Communism begun by Ho Chi Minh.
The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 Series
You can find a full index and overview of The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 10 January 2005.
- Running Time: 27 minutes (per episode).
- Rating: PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.