A documentary series featuring all the US military engagements during the period of 1700-2004.
After experiencing a devastating defeat to Vietnam’s military tactics, the later years saw the USA re-emerge as the single super power and police force of world conflicts.
- 1973 – Vietnam War: Cease-Fire Ends War (00:04:05). With Vietnam and the Vietnam War causing protests at schools like Kent State, shootings occurred as the anti communism fervour of the cold war came against the civil rights of protest, eventually civil rights winning out with the Elsberg Papers.
- 1983 – The Grenada Conflict (00:02:40). Grenada, a hot spot in America’s cold war against communism, helped Ronald Reagan promote the US Military, and ten years later the ouster of Manuel Noriega from Panama would demonstrate American military superiority.
- 1990 – The Gulf War (00:04:06). The Gulf War pitted Iraq, governed by Saddam Hussein, against America, under by George Bush, and in the war, Iraqis were defeated by a coalition under the command of General Norman Schwarzkopf.
- 1991 – End of the Cold War (00:02:33). The Cold War, ended with the defeat of communism when America led by Ronald Reagan defeated the USSR led by Mikhail Gorbachev.
- 2003 – Gulf War II (00:03:25). Using the reason searching for Weapons of Mass destruction, George W. Bush and the Neocons led the United States into the Iraqi war.
The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 Series
You can find a full index and overview of The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 17 January 2005.
- Running Time: 27 minutes (per episode).
- Rating: PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.