Jack Lane joins the Royal Australian Navy and trains on Tingira. His brother Stanley discovers a German spy ring amongst the social set in Sydney. They capture him and take him to a secret island outpost. Germans are about to destroy an Allied radio station but it manages to alert HMAS Sydney beforehand and the ship attacks German sailors. A half-caste islander, Kana (Alma Rock Phillips), leads HMAS Sydney to the spies’ island. A landing party attacks and kills the spies but Kana is killed.
- Boyd Irwin as Stanley Lane.
- Gwen Burroughs as Mrs De Winter.
- Alma Rock Phillips as Kana.
- Charles Villiers as Carl Hoffman.
- Percy Walshe.
It is unsure what company did this but the films were made with the approval of both the Australian and British governments.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Monte Luke and Alfred Rolfe.
- Cinematography: Maurice Bertel.
- Production: J.C Williamson Ltd and Australasian Films.
- Release Date: 1916 (UK).
- Running Time: ? minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: Australia.
- Language: English (Silent Film).