The Dawns Here Are Quiet (Russian: А зори здесь тихие, romanized: A zori zdes tikhie) is a 2016 Russian war drama directed by Renat Davletyarov.
Sergeant Major Vaskov and his five young female anti-aircraft gunmen are confronted by a group of experienced saboteurs who sent have been by the Nazis to the frontal detachment, which is of strategic importance.
Vaskov and the women have to prevent diversion, but they also need to pay the highest possible price for this …
- Pyotr Fyodorov – foreman Fedot Evgrafovich Vaskov, commandant of the crossing.
- Anastasia Mikulchina – Junior Sergeant Rita Osyanina, squad leader.
- Evgenia Malakhova – Zhenya Komelkova.
- Agniya Kuznetsova – Sonya Gurvich.
- Sophia Lebedeva – Lisa Britschkina.
- Kristina Asmus – Galya Chetvertak.
- Ekaterina Vilkova – Senior Sergeant Kiryanova.
- Anatoly Bely – Comrade “Third”, Major.
- Darya Moroz – Mary, the landlady of the foreman.
- Victor Proskurin – postman Makarych.
- Maxim Drozd – Alexei Luzhin, beloved Komelkova.
- Alexey Barabash – guest of the Brichkin.
- Olga Lomonosova – mother of the Fourteen.
- Ilya Alekseev – lieutenant-border guard Osyanin, husband of Rita.
- Natalia Batrak – mother of Osyanina.
- Valery Grishko – Father Brichkina.
- Evgenia Ulyanova – the mother of Brichkina.
- Sergei Vidineev – father of Komelkova.
- Julia Silaeva – mother of Komelkova.
- Alina Babak – Nadia, the younger sister of Zhenya Komelkova.
- Elena Medvedeva – Vera Iosifovna, mother of Sonya Gurvich.
- Ilya Ermolov – the son of Sonya Gurvich.
- Vasilisa Kucherenko – Galya Chetvertak in childhood.
- Ales Guzko – Lisa Brickin at 10 years old.
- Julia Polynskaya is a woman with underwear.
- Nadezhda Azorkina – Polina Yegorovna Egorova.
- Maxim Dromashko – NKVD lieutenant.
- Evgeny Kostin – anti-aircraft gunner.
- Julia Kuikka – anti-aircraft gunner.
- Archibald Archibaldovich (Artur Enikeev) – German saboteur.
- Nina Krachkovskaya.
- Sergei Garmash – the narrator.
An extended version made out of four 45 minute episodes was released on Channel One Russia on 09 May 2016 from the 2015 film.
The Dawns Are Quiet Here Series
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Renat Davletyarov.
- Producer(s): Renat Davletyarov and Vlad Ryashin.
- Writer(s): Yuri Korotkov, Artyom Vitkin, and Renat Davletyarov.
- Music: Roman Dormidoshin.
- Production: Real Dakota, Interfest, Star Media, and Nashe Kino.
- Release Date: 2016.
- Running Time: 44-46 minutes.
- Rating: 12.
- Country: Russia.
- Language: Russian.