The third season of the Australian drama Sea Patrol premiered as Sea Patrol 3: Red Gold on the Nine Network on 18 May 2009. Principal location filming was, as in past seasons, completed in and around the area of Mission Beach, Queensland. It has an announced budget of A$17 million.
The continued presence of the production in north Queensland has been hailed as “a major boon for our local film and television industry” by Rod Welford, the Queensland Minister for Education, Training and the Arts.
Sea Patrol season 3 finished filming in mid-February. The series kicked off with ET (David Lyons) being killed in a diving accident. Sea Patrol 3 still has the Armidale Class Patrol Boat. Two new recurring stars Blair McDonough and Jessica Napier played a married couple, Matt and Simone Robsenn who are the local dive masters. Sea Patrol season 3 premiered on 18 May 2009. It aired every Monday night on Channel 9 at 8.30 pm.
HMAS Hammersley is dragged into a web of murder, piracy and eco-terrorism, when valuable “Red Gold” coral is stolen from a dive boat.
Season 3 picks up where season 2 left off and sees HMAS Hammersley tasked with protecting the oil rigs on the Pacific Shelf.
Sea Patrol Series
You can find a full index and overview of Sea Patrol here.
- Episode 01: Catch and Release.
- Episode 02: Monkey Business.
- Episode 03: China Dolls.
- Episode 04: Guns.
- Episode 05: Ghost Net.
- Episode 06: Oh Danny Boy.
- Episode 07: Half Life.
- Episode 08: Red Sky Morning.
- Episode 09: Pearls Before Swine.
- Episode 10: Safeguard.
- Episode 11: Secret Cargo.
- Episode 12: Black Gold.
- Episode 13: Red Reef.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Ian Berry and Steve Mann.
- Writer(s): Adam H. Todd, Felicity Packard, Philip Dalkin, John Ridley, Tony Morphett, and Matt Ford.
- Release Date: 18 May 2009 to 27 July 2009.
- Running Time: 42 minutes.
- Rating: 12+.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.