Operation Petticoat is an American sitcom that was based on the 1959 film by the same name.
It was broadcast on ABC for two seasons, from 17 September 1977 until 06 July 1979.
Also known as Life in the Pink and the Petticoat Affair.
A veteran naval commander is given command of a submarine full of misfits, miscreants and with a group of nurses as passengers.
- The original plan was for Operation Petticoat to run as a one-hour series.
- They shot a 2-hour pilot movie, and several one-hour scripts were written.
- Then ABC had second thoughts and decided it would work better in a half-hour format.
- The first script (after the pilot) was shot as written and shown in two parts, allowing time for the other scripts to be rewritten.
Operation Petticoat Series
You can find a full index and overview of Operation Petticoat here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 04 September 1977.
- Running Time: 120 minutes.
- Rating: U.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.