Pax Americana and the Weaponization of Space is a documentary film by Denis Delestrac with a music score by Amon Tobin.
The film deals with the issue of space weapons and their politics, featuring interviews with several key United States military personal, academics such as Noam Chomsky and others, including Martin Sheen.
The prospect of Earth being ruled from space is no longer science-fiction. The dream of the original Dr. Strangelove, Wernher von Braun (from Nazi rocket-scientist to NASA director) has survived every US administration since World War II and is coming to life. Today the technology exists to weaponize space, a massive American industry thrives, and nations are manoeuvring for advantage.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Mikela Jay.
- Director(s): Denis Delestrac.
- Mark Achbar … executive producer.
- Betsy Carson … executive producer.
- Denis Delestrac … co-producer.
- Jeremy Edwardes … producer.
- Brice Garnier … producer.
- Lucie Tremblay … producer.
- Louis Caron.
- Harold Crooks.
- Denis Delestrac … (story).
- Denis Delestrac … (writer).
- Siobhan Flanagan … (narration).
- Li Li … (translation).
- Music: Amon Tobin.
- Cinematography: Jean-Pierre St-Louis.
- Editor(s): David LeGuerrier.
- Coptor Productions Inc.
- Lowik Media (co-production).
- Primer Plano Film Group (2010) (Argentina) (theatrical).
- Films Transit International (2009) (Canada) (all media).
- Release Date: 12 November 2009 (Rencontres Internationales du Documentaire de Montréal).
- Running Time: 43/85 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.