A 70th-anniversary television event telling the story of how the fall of Singapore in 1942 shattered myths, brought an empire to its knees, and changed the destiny of millions of people.
Part one looks at how Japan’s lightning invasion of Malaya threatened the key British port of Singapore, igniting ethnic and political tensions, and tells how Scottish soldiers were at the heart of the city’s defence.
Part 02 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Jamie Lee.
- Director(s): Don Featherstone.
- Trevor Graham … executive producer.
- Ned Lander … executive producer.
- Andrew Ogilvie … executive producer.
- Rose Grandile … line producer.
- Writer(s): Don Featherstone.
- Music: Ash Gibson Greig.
- Cinematography: Jim Frater.
- Editor(s): Lawrie Silvestrin.
- Production: Electric Pictures.
- Parthenon Entertainment (2012) Worldwide) (TV).
- EP Independent (2012) (worldwide) (DVD).
- Release Date: 07 February 2012.
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.