Captain Dylan Hunt and the crew of the Andromeda Ascendant set out on a mission to rebuild the Systems Commonwealth 300 years after its fall.
The series combines elements of hard science fiction and drama, while dealing with social and political issues such as drug abuse, death, bribery, and intergalactic politics.
The Systems Commonwealth has reunited, but there is unfortunately not much progress in the fight with the Magog and Spirit of the Abyss. Many episodes this season are standalones.
Several episodes of season three explore Trance and her role. One episode (The Dark Backward) is filmed completely from Trance’s viewpoint, showing that she “lives” through all possible alternate futures before choosing the right one.
Nietzschean crewman Tyr Anasazi makes his move at the end of the season. He implants his son Tamerlane Anasazi’s DNA into his own body, and reunites most of the Nietzschean Prides. They secede from the New Systems Commonwealth. The Season ends with Tyr betraying the New Systems Commonwealth.
For this season, Bob Engels was brought on the writing staff to fill the hole in that had been left by the departure of Robert Hewitt Wolfe and Ethlie Ann Vare.
You can find a full index and overview of Andromeda here.
- Episode 01: If the Wheel is Fixed.
- Episode 02: Cui Bono.
- Episode 03: The Lone and Level Sands.
- Episode 04: The Shards of Rimni.
- Episode 05: Mad to be Saved.
- Episode 06: Slipfighter the Dogs of War.
- Episode 07: For Whom the Bell Tolls.
- Episode 08: And Your Heat Will Fly Away.
- Episode 09: The Leper’s Kiss.
- Episode 10: The Unconquerable Man.
- Episode 11: Delenda Est.
- Episode 12: The Dark Backward.
- Episode 13: The Right Horse.
- Episode 14: What Happens to a Rev Deferred?
- Episode 15: The Risk-All Point.
- Episode 16: Vault of the Heavens.
- Episode 17: Deep Midnight’s Voice.
- Episode 18: The Illusion of Majesty.
- Episode 19: Twilight of the Idols.
- Episode 20: Point of the Spear.
- Episode 21: Day of Judgement, Day of Wrath.
- Episode 22: Shadows Cast by a Final Salute.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 21 September 2002 to 12 May 2003.
- Running Time: 43 minutes.
- Rating: 15.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.