Clash of the Titans is a British-American fantasy action film franchise based on characters and myths of Ancient Greek mythology.
The first film, Clash of the Titans, was released in 1981 with a remake made in 2010. The remake spawned a sequel, Wrath of the Titans, in 2012. A third film, Revenge of the Titans, was in development but never got off the ground.
The series began with Clash of the Titans in 1981. It was followed by a remake of the same name in 2010, and a sequel Wrath of the Titans in 2012.
In 1984, a concept for a sequel for the original 1981 film was proposed to MGM, but was never made. The film would have been called Force of the Trojans.
In November 2011, Warner Bros. hired Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson to develop and write a treatment for a third instalment, Revenge of the Titans. The pair had previously written Wrath of the Titans, which was still in post-production at the time. In the spring of 2013, Sam Worthington said he did not think a third film would be made.
- Video game:
- In 2010, a video game based on the 2010 film was released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on 27 July 2010.
- The video game received negative reviews.
- In 2007, Bluewater Productions started the four-part spin-off comic book series, Wrath of the Titans.
- The story took place five years after the events of the 1981 film, as Calibos escaped the underworld to take revenge against Perseus.
- In 2009, a one-shot sequel titled Wrath of the Titans: Cyclops was released.
- In 2011, Revenge of the Medusa, was released as a four-part series.
- The 2012 film of the same name is not based on the comics.
Production & Filming Details
- Country: US.
- Language: English.