The Long Way Home (Korean: 서부전선; RR: Seobu Jeonseon; lit. “Western Front”) is a 2015 South Korean film written and directed by Cheon Sung-il, about the friendship between a South Korean and a North Korean soldier during the Korean War.
Set during the Korean War and 3 days before a truce takes place. Nam-Bok (Sol Kyung-Gu) is South Korean soldier. He was a simple farmer before his conscription into the military. Nam-Bok then receives orders to deliver a top secret document at a set time and place, but an attack by the North Korean army causes Nam-Bok to lose the document.
Meanwhile, Young-Gwang (Yeo Jin-Goo) is a North Korean soldier. He is a part of a tank crew. While heading to the South, his team is bombed and he is the only one left. He is about to return home, but he happens to come across a top secret document.
The two men face off in the western front alone.
- Sol Kyung-gu as Jang Nam-bok.
- Yeo Jin-goo as Kim Young-kwang.
- Lee Geung-young as Lieutenant Yoo.
- Jung Sung-hwa as General Yeon.
- Jung In-gi as Sergeant Kim.
- Jo Hee-bong as Drunkard.
- Kim Won-hae as Deputy Jeon.
- Jung Suk-won as Senior lieutenant.
- Kim Sun-young as Ajumma.
- Noh Young-hak as Petty officer Choi.
- Song Kyung-chul as Sang-joo.
- Kim Tae-hoon as General Jo.
- Ji Chang-wook as Conscription officer.
Production & Filming Details
- Seong-il Cheon.
- Won-Chun Cha … executive producer.
- Min-gyu Kang … producer.
- Yung-ho Yim … producer.
- Seong-il Cheon (screenplay).
- Seung-Hyun Choi.
- Jae-Hyeok Lee.
- Changju Kim.
- Harrimao Pictures.
- Lotte Entertainment.
- Lotte Entertainment (2015) (South Korea) (theatrical).
- Twin Co. Ltd. (2016) (Japan) (theatrical).
- Release Date:
- Rating: Unknown.
- Running Time: 112 minutes.
- Country: South Korean.
- Language: Korean.