NHK has unearthed tapes of Oshima Hiroshi, twice-ambassador to Germany, who worked behind the scenes to push Japan to join the Nazis alliance.
NHK has been given access to startling audiotapes that provide a new perspective on the manoeuvring carried out by Japan’s wartime ambassador to Germany, Oshima Hiroshi, to bring the two countries into alignment, spelling catastrophe for his homeland.
- Oshima was described as the Japanese with the closest relationship with Hitler.
- Oshima was convicted as a class-A war criminal by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East.
- Oshima was one of the main players in the forging of the Tripartite Pact between Japan, Germany and Italy.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 28 August 2021.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- Country: Japan.
- Language: Japanese and English.