Warship: A History of War at Sea is a war documentary hosted by Roy Scheider and published in 1998.
The evolution of the modern naval warship, from the days of wooden vessels under sail to today’s nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, submarines, and missile cruisers.
Also known as Warship and Warship: Innovations That Changed the World.
Warship is the story of that leap in the dark that made steel float, engines fly and ships sail under the waves. In four separate programmes, this landmark series tells the story of the Warship from the perspective of today’s navies, the most sophisticated and most lethal weapons delivery systems and the technological advances that made it all possible. Warship puts invention before warfare and people above everything in its portrayal of the most dramatic metamorphous of the modern age
Warship: A History of War at Seas Series
Production & Filming Details
- Roy Scheider.
- Sol Papadopoulos … (3 episodes, 2001).
- Tony Bulley … (2 episodes, 2001).
- Beth Hoppe … executive producer (4 episodes, 2001).
- Jared Lipworth … coordinating producer (4 episodes, 2001).
- Elizabeth Owen … producer (4 episodes, 2001).
- Ann Villet … associate producer (4 episodes, 2001).
- Sol Papadopoulos … producer (3 episodes, 2001).
- Tony Bulley … producer (2 episodes, 2001).
- Tony Bulley … (writer) (2 episodes, 2001).
- Sol Papadopoulos … (writer) (3 episodes, 2001).
- David A. Hughes … (unknown episodes).
- Tomasz Magierski … (4 episodes, 2001).
- Tony Coldwell … (unknown episodes).
- Granada Television.
- Thirteen / WNET.
- Channel 4 Television Corporation (2001) (UK) (TV).
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) (2001) (USA) (TV).
- Release Date: 1998 and 07 November 2001 (PBS Home Video).
- Rating: Unknown.
- Running Time: 224 minutes (total running time).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.