A military police woman is given the job of tracking down and removing lesbians from the army.
Also known as Out of Line (working title).
1989: Caroline Meagher (Helen Baxendale) is a sergeant with the Royal Military Police, with 12 years’ experience, stationed in Northern Ireland. Two men from internal affairs grill her for four days: someone has accused her of being a lesbian. It is an offense that leads to court martial. In a series of flashbacks, we see her enthusiasm when she joins the force, her various assignments including investigating suspected lesbians, and her own slow discovery of her sexual nature. She, like others in her situation, must go to great lengths to avoid detection. Once reported, will she withstand the interrogation? Meagher herself comments on camera at the end of the film.
- Helen Baxendale … Sgt. Caroline Meagher.
- Christopher Fulford … SIB Company Sergeant Major (CSM) Cheesman.
- Sean Gilder … SIB Staff Sergeant (SSgt) Jamie Kennedy.
- Katrina Levon … Sergeant (Sgt) Chrissie Edgeworth.
- Laura Fraser … Louise Marshall.
- Lisa Palfrey … Sgt Kathy Bartlett.
- Zara Turner … Major Fiona Lang.
- Catherine Brady … Lieutenant Gillie Calder.
- Ian Burfield … SIB Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) Michael Ryder.
- Gary Webster … SIB Sgt Jimmy Rumbold.
- Connor McIntyre … SIB Sgt Sean Harlow.
- Jasper Jacob … SIB Sgt Tony Wallace.
- Finola Geraghty … Corporal/Sgt Rose Fielding.
- Frances Riddelle … Private Debbie Spiller.
- Steve Nicolson … Sgt Pete Storey.
- John Blakey … RSM Osnabruck.
- Gilly Gilchrist … SSgt Howard Jameson.
- Emily Raymond … SSgt Jane Nichols.
Production & Filming Details
- Chris Oxley.
- Sheryl Crown … producer.
- David Green … executive producer.
- Barbara Machin.
- Release Date: 1997.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Running Time: 87 minutes.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.