Inside North Korea’s Dynasty is the ultimate story of a family, its power, and the relationship among a father, son and grandson.
With North Korea’s relations with the rest of the world at a new and unpredictable inflection point, National Geographic Documentary Films presents Inside North Korea’s Dynasty, a ground-breaking four-episode documentary series that examines the extraordinary history of the world’s only communist dynasty, three generations in the making.
A year in production, this series is the ultimate story of a family’s power, and the relationship among a father, a son and a grandson. The series provides a look at the Kim dynasty more complex and comprehensive than ever attempted before, revealing the workings behind the formidable family dynamics at the heart of an extraordinary country.
Viewers will be immersed in the family’s dark and surreal story, bringing a fresh perspective on a nation ruled for over seven decades by one dynasty. Understand the family, and you understand how this country works.
Inside North Korea’s Dynasty Series
- Episode 01: Kingdom of the Kims.
- Episode 02: The Son of God.
- Episode 03: Nuclear Family.
- Episode 04: Rocket Man.
Production & Filming Detail
- Dan Clifton … (1 episode, 2018).
- Ben Finney … (1 episode, 2018).
- Nick Holt … (1 episode, 2018).
- Simon Finch … executive producer (4 episodes, 2018).
- Hannah Cogan … producer (1 episode, 2018).
- David Glover … executive producer (unknown episodes).
- Mark Raphael … executive producer (unknown episodes).
- David Schweitzer … (2 episodes, 2018).
- Graham Smith … (3 episodes, 2018).
- Roger Chapman … (1 episode, 2018).
- Mattia Palombi … (1 episode, 2018).
- Matthew Plaxco … (1 episode, 2018).
- Andrea Carnevali … (1 episode, 2018).
- Gordon Mason … (1 episode, 2018).
- 72 Films.
- Disney+ (2021) (Singapore) (video) (VOD).
- National Geographic.
- Release Date: 11 November 2018 to 18 November 2018 (US).
- Rating: TV-14.
- Running Time: 47 minutes (per episode).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.