- 1953 – Kathleen Kennedy, American film producer, co-founded Amblin Entertainment.
Kathleen Kennedy (born 05 June 1953) is an American film producer and current president of Lucasfilm. In 1981, she co-founded the production company Amblin Entertainment with Steven Spielberg and her husband Frank Marshall.
Her first film as a producer was E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982). A decade later, again with Spielberg she produced the Jurassic Park franchise, the first two of which became two of the top ten highest-grossing films of the 1990s. In 1992, she co-founded The Kennedy/Marshall Company with her husband, Frank Marshall. On 30 October 2012, she became the president of Lucasfilm after The Walt Disney Company acquired the company for over $4 billion. She received the Irving G. Thalberg Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2018.
Kennedy has participated in the making of over 60 films that have earned over $11 billion worldwide, including five of the fifty highest-grossing films in motion picture history. She has received 8 Academy Award for Best Picture nominations, the third greatest number of nominations for the award behind Spielberg and Scott Rudin. As a producer, she is third behind Kevin Feige and Spielberg in domestic box office receipts, with over $7.5 billion as of 2020.
Films and TV Series
- Indian Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), associate producer.
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), producer.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), associate producer.
- Empire of the Sun (1987), producer.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), associate producer.
- Schindler’s List (1993), executive producer.
- War of the Worlds (2005), producer.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), executive producer.
- War Horse (2011), producer.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), producer.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016), producer.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), producer.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018), producer.
- The Mandalorian (2019-Present), producer.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019), producer.
- The Book of Boba Fett (2021), producer.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022), producer.
- Andor (2022), producer.
- Untitled Fifth Indiana Jones film (2023), producer.
- Ahsoka (TBA), producer.
Amblin Entertainment, Inc., formerly named Amblin Productions and Steven Spielberg Productions, is an American film production company founded by director and producer Steven Spielberg, and film producers Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall in 1981.
Its headquarters are located in Bungalow 477 of the Universal Studios backlot in Universal City, California. It distributes all of the films from Amblin Partners under the Amblin Entertainment banner.
Amblin is named after Spielberg’s first commercially released film, Amblin’ (1968), a short independent film about a man and woman hitchhiking through the desert. It, which cost $15,000 to produce, was shown for Universal Studios and won Spielberg more directing roles.