Babylon 5 is an American science fiction television series created, produced and largely written by J. Michael Straczynski. The show centres on the Babylon 5 space station: a focal point for politics, diplomacy, and conflict during the years 2257-2262. With its prominent use of planned story arcs, the series was often described as a “novel for television”.
Series 03 was titled Babylon 5: Point of No Return.
Part of the Babylon 5 franchise.
Earth’s government continues to become more xenophobic, while on Babylon 5, Sheridan and Delenn, who become romantically involved during the course of the season, create a “conspiracy of light” to try to reveal the truth behind the Shadows’ influence. Historically tense relations between Earth and its Mars colony reach breaking point when Mars declares independence and Earth’s government declares martial law and attacks. Sheridan, outraged, withdraws Babylon 5 from the Earth Alliance, supported by the Minbari.
The fate of Babylon 4 is discovered when Sinclair returns to the station to request Sheridan’s help: Sinclair had been destined to use time travel to take Babylon 4 back in time to the previous Minbari-Shadow war, where he is transformed into the revered Minbari leader, Valen, using the same device Delenn used for her transformation.
Ambassador Mollari realizes his deal with the Shadows has become dangerous and tries to sever ties with Mr. Morden, but fails. Kosh informs Sheridan that the Shadows can be fought with telepaths. The Vorlons attack the Shadows at Sheridan’s insistence, but the Shadows kill Kosh in retaliation.
Sheridan’s wife, presumed dead on an archaeological dig on the planet Z’ha’dum years earlier, arrives at the station and convinces Sheridan to accompany her to Z’ha’dum. The Shadows attempt to force Sheridan to join their cause, their ships threatening Babylon 5. Sheridan, guided by Kosh’s words, flies a vessel loaded with explosives into the planet while jumping into a large chasm. The Shadow ships withdraw, but Garibaldi, deployed to defend the station, does not return.
Babylon 5 Series
- Episode 01: Matters of Honour.
- Episode 02: Convictions.
- Episode 03: A Day in the Strife.
- Episode 04: Passing Through Gethsemane.
- Episode 05: Voices of Authority.
- Episode 06: Dust to Dust.
- Episode 07: Exogensis.
- Episode 08: Messages from Earth.
- Episode 09: Point of No Return.
- Episode 10: Severed Dreams.
- Episode 11: Ceremonies of Light and Dark.
- Episode 12: Sic Transit Vir.
- Episode 13: A Late Delivery from Avalon.
- Episode 14: Ship of Tears.
- Episode 15: Interludes and Examinations.
- Episode 16: War Without End, Part 01.
- Episode 17: War Without End, Part 02.
- Episode 18: Walkabout.
- Episode 19: Grey 17 is Missing.
- Episode 20: And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place.
- Episode 21: Shadow Dancing.
- Episode 22: Z’ha’dum.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 06 November 1995 to 22 September 1996.
- Rating: 12.
- Running Time: 45 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.