16 Days in Berlin is the most detailed documentary about the Battle of Berlin. Follow the battle day by day with this 18-part series.
Also known as 16 Days in Berlin: The Final Battle of WW2 Day by Day.
A new WW2 documentary about The Battle of Berlin. The Battle of Berlin was a gigantic battle in which over 3 million soldiers fought in one of the biggest cities of Europe that was still populated by civilians while the fight was raging.
16 Days in Berlin covers the entire Berlin Operations (called Берлинская наступательная операция in Russian) from April 16 – May 2. This includes:
- The massive Battle of the Seelow Heights when the Red Army under Marshal Zhukov crossed the Oder river and clashed with the German defences under Gotthard Heinrici.
- The fast paced advance by Marshal Konev from the Neisse river.
- The dramatic events of the Halbe Pocket after the encirclement of 9th Army (and a smaller part of 4th Panzer Army).
- The liberation of Sachsenhausen concentration camp and the horrific death marches that the last inmates had to endure.
- The dramatic breakout attempts after the encirclement of Berlin.
But that is not all, each episode also dives deep on specific topics that are important to understand for the Battle of Berlin:
- Red Army combined arms tactics.
- The Berlin flak towers.
- The role of foreign Waffen SS troops in the Battle of Berlin.
- The Volkssturm.
16 Days in Berlin was filmed on original battlefield locations including:
- The Seelow Heights battlefield.
- The Wehrmacht bunker complex in Zossen/Wünsdorf.
- Beelitz Heilstätten.
- Berlin Gatow Airport.
16 Days in Berlin Series
- Episode 01: Prologue – The Beginning of the End.
- Episode 02: 16 April 1945 – The Storm Unleashed.
- Episode 03: 17 April 1945 – An Uphill Battle.
- Episode 04: 18 April 1945 – Konev takes the Lead.
- Episode 05: 19 April 1945 – The End of the Beginning.
- Episode 06: 20 April 1945 – Fuhrerwetter.
- Episode 07: 21 April 1945 – Red Amy at the Gates.
- Episode 08: 22 April 1945 – All is Lost.
- Episode 09: 23 April 1945 – Liberation.
- Episode 10: 24 April 1945 – Battlefield Berlin.
- Episode 11: 25 April 1945 – Urban Combat.
- Episode 12: 26 April 1945 – No Escape.
- Episode 13: 27 April 1945 – Storming the Citadel.
- Episode 14: 28 April 1945 – The Halbe Pocket.
- Episode 15: 29 April 1945 – Dance of Death.
- Episode 16: 30 April 1945 – Endgame.
- Episode 17: 01-02 May 1945 – The Fall of Berlin.
- Episode 18: Epilogue.
Production & Filming Details
- Vimeo (2020) (USA) (TV).
- Amazon (2022).
- Release Date: 16 April 2020 (internet, US) and 18 June 2022 (Amazon).
- Rating: Not Rated.
- Running Time: 12 to 31 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.