Buying the War examines the failures of the Washington press corps during the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
“Buying the War” includes interviews with Dan Rather, formerly of CBS; Tim Russert of MEET THE PRESS; Bob Simon of 60 MINUTES; Walter Isaacson, former president of CNN; and John Walcott, Jonathan Landay and Warren Strobel of Knight Ridder newspapers, which was acquired by The McClatchy Company in 2006.
In “Buying the War” Bill Moyers and producer Kathleen Hughes document the reporting of Walcott, Landay and Strobel, the Knight Ridder team that burrowed deep into the intelligence agencies to try and determine whether there was any evidence for the Bush Administration’s case for war.
Production & Filming Details
- Mark Ganguzza.
- Kathleen Hughes.
- Gail Ablow … producer.
- Reniqua Allen … associate producer.
- Ana Cohen-Bickford … producer.
- Judy Doctoroff O’Neill … executive producer.
- Felice Firestone … executive producer.
- Kathleen Hughes … producer.
- Matthew Kirsch … associate producer.
- Peter Meryash … producer.
- Kristin Miller … producer.
- William Petrick … senior producer.
- Betsy Rate … producer.
- Sally Roy … senior producer.
- Laurie Wainberg … coordinating producer.
- Jessica Wang … associate producer.
- Candace White … segment producer (segment “producer”).
- Titi Yu … associate producer.
- Kathleen Hughes … (writer).
- Bill Moyers … (writer).
- Michael Bacon.
- Alison Amron.
- Kathi Black.
- Eric Davies.
- Jonathan Howard.
- Rob Kuhns.
- Acorn Media.
- Release Date: 25 April 2007.
- Running Time: 82 minutes.
- Rating: 7+.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.