In And There War Israel (Et Israël fut), director Romed Wyder looks back at the origins of the State of Israel and the history of Zionism (1896-1948) from the angle of Western responsibility.
The film returns to the origins of the creation of the State of Israel and looks at historical facts under the very specific angle of the responsibility of the Western World. Through the analysis of internationally renowned scholars and astonishing cinematographic archives, the film shows that in adopting the zionist project, Great Britain and other Western countries have been guided mainly by their own agenda. Thus the West does not only bears a heavy responsibility in terms of the fate of Jews in Europe at the time, but also in terms of the fate of the Palestinians today.
Production & Filming Details
- Romed Wyder.
- Yasmine Abd El Aziz … producer.
- Irène Challand … co-producer.
- Elisabeth Hagstedt … co-producer.
- Quentin Laurent … co-producer.
- Romed Wyder … producer.
- Romed Wyder.
- Bernard Trontin.
- Severine Barde.
- Patrick Tresch.
- Orsola Valenti.
- Les Productions de l’Oeil Sauvage (co-production).
- Nouvelle Tribu.
- Paradigma Films.
- Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS) (co-production).
- Histoire (co-production).
- Icarus Films (2019) (USA) (all media).
- Release Date: 12 March 2018 (Switzerland, French speaking region).
- Running Time: 52 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: Israel.
- Language: Hebrew.