The story of a deadly war that intertwines Germany, Poland, Japan, Italy and Spain, and the remorseless development of weapons and bombers.
Also known as Bomber: Terror of WWII.
In the history of warfare there have been a catalogue of inventions that have changed the way battles are fought. The catapult, the longbow, the cannon, the machine gun. But one weapon changed not only the battlefield, but war itself. It extended the scope of military conflict to the far borders of entire nations and unleashed a terror the world had never known. That weapon was the Bomber.
It emerged in the early twentieth century as the most potent symbol of modern war. The Bomber gave rise to images that define World War II; sticks of bombs tumbling from the bellies of B-24s, razed buildings, the mushroom cloud. No weapon or weapons system has received as much investment, manpower or innovation – or been so destructive. Using meticulously researched archival footage and expert insights, we examine the strategies, technologies, effects on humanity and the game changing planes developed over World War II.
The Bomber: Terror of World War II Series
- Episode 01: Rise of the Bomber.
- Episode 02: War without Boundaries.
- Episode 03: The Means to Victory.
- Episode 04: The World at War.
- Episode 05: By Night and By Day.
- Episode 06: Terror of the World.
Production & Filming Details
- Callan McAuliffe.
- Dan Jobson.
- Edmund Duff … producer.
- Mike Kenneally … executive producer.
- Harriet Pike … executive producer.
- Michael Cove.
- Vincent Anderson … on-line editor.
- Wildbear Entertainment.
- RTL+ (2023) (Germany) (video) (VoD).
- Sky History Channel (2022) (UK) (TV).
- n-tv (2023) (Germany) (TV).
- Release Date: 06 June 2022.
- Running Time: 43-44 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.