Sergeant Major Eismayer has a secret he carefully hides: he is homosexual. Inspired by a true story.
Sergeant Major Eismayer is known and feared as the toughest training officer in the Austrian Armed Forces, ruthless with recruits and unwavering in his discipline, order and macho toughness. But when he starts to fall in love with Falak, a new recruit who unashamedly embraces his homosexuality, Eismayer’s closeted existence is shaken to the core. To a man like Eismayer, loving another man cannot be reconciled with the understanding of what a model soldier should be. Will he choose to protect his badass tough guy image over all else, or can he follow his heart and his true desire? Inspired by a true story.
You can read more about the film and its background here.
- Charles Eismayer … Gerhard Liebmann
- Mario Falak … Luka Dimić
- Christina Eismayer … Julia Koschitz
- Striegl … Anton Noori
- Karnaval … Christopher Schärf
- Hierzberger … Karl Fischer
- Dominik Eismayer … Lion Tatzber
Production Filming Details
- David Wagner
- Sabine Gruber … producer
- Julia Horvath … assistant line producer
- Arash T. Riahi … producer
- David Wagner … screenplay
- Serafin Spitzer
- Stephan Bechinger
- Golden Girls Filmproduktion (presents)
- Loco Films (presents)
- Film Fonds Wien (produced with the support of)
- Austrian Film Institute (Austrian Film Institute [OFI], produced with the support of)
- Film Industry Support Austria (FISA Filmstandort Austria, produced with the support of)
- Land Steiermark, department 9 – Culture, Europe, Ext. Relations (Das Land Steiermark Cine Art, produced with the support of)
- Österreichischer Rundfunk (ORF) (ORF Film/Fernseh-Abkommen, in cooperation with)
- ZDF/Arte (co-produced with ZDF in association with ARTE)
- ARTE (co-produced with ZDF in association with ARTE)
- Salzgeber & Company Medien (Germany, 2023) (theatrical)
- Peccadillo Pictures (United Kingdom, 2023)
- Rating: Not Rated.
- Release Date: 28 October 2022 (theatrical release).
- Running Time: 87 minutes.
- Country: Austria and Germany.
- Language: German.