Lost Patrol is a 1929 British silent war film directed by Walter Summers and starring Cyril McLaglen, Sam Wilkinson and Terence Collier. The film was made at Welwyn Studios by British Instructional Films. It was based on the 1927 novel Patrol by Philip MacDonald. It was remade in 1934 by John Ford (picture).
During the First World War, a hard-pressed British patrol in the deserts of Mesopotamia come under attack from the enemy.
Gradually they are picked off one by one.
Trivia & Goofs
Production & Filming Details
- Director: Walter Summers.
- Producer: Harry Bruce Woolfe.
- Writers: Philip MacDonald (novel) and Walter Summers.
- Production: British Instructional Films.
- Distribution: Fox Film Corporation.
- Release Date: February 1929 (UK).
- Running time: Unknown.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.