A 2003 documentary revealing the history of the Korean War.
Five years after the defeat of Nazi Germany and Japan, a new menace to freedom arose in the East!
Communist North Korean forces, backed by the might of a newly victorious Red China, crossed the 38th parallel into South Korea.
The violation of this agreed-upon treaty line caused the United Nations to spring into action, triggering the first heated action of the “Cold War.” Three years later, the conflict ground to an inconclusive halt, as the political will of the exhausted Western democracies bled out on the battlefield of Pork Chop Hill.
This extraordinary series captures the ferocity and the futility of a war America never fully committed to, incorporating expert commentary, shocking newsreel footage and documentary films made during the thick of the fight by John Ford and John Wayne.
Must-see viewing for anyone who hopes to understand the roots of the ongoing tensions between Democracy and the current regime of North Korean madman Kim Jong-Il, Korea: The Unfinished War offers a terrifying lesson in military and diplomatic history!
Korea: The Unfinished War Series
- Episode 01: The Land of Morning Calm.
- Episode 02: Blocking the Red Tide.
- Episode 03: No Place To Go.
- Episode 04: The Gamble.
- Episode 05: Home Before Christmas.
- Episode 06: Retreat, Hell.
- Episode 07: The Big Bug Out.
- Episode 08: War of Attrition.
- Episode 09: Blood in the Hills.
- Episode 10: A Conflict Frozen in Time.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Brian McKenna.
- Producer(s): Anne Gelbert, Christine Le Goff, and Stephen Phizicky.
- Narrator(s): Brian McKenna and Terence McKenna.
- Release Date: 2003.
- Running Time: 53 minutes (per episode).
- Country: Canada.
- Language: English.