It Ain’t Half Hot, Mum is a BBC television sitcom about a Royal Artillery concert party based in Deolali in India and the fictional village of Tin Min in Burma, during the last months of the Second World War.
The title comes from the first episode, in which young Gunner Parkin (Christopher Mitchell) writes home to his mother in England.
The comic adventures of a group of misfits who form an extremely bad concert party touring the hot and steamy jungles of Burma entertaining the troops during World War II.
It Ain’t Half Hot Mum TV Series 01
- Episode 01: Meet the Gang.
- Episode 02: My Lovely Boy.
- Episode 03: Mutiny of the Punka-Wallahs.
- Episode 04: A Star is Born.
- Episode 05: The Jungle Patrol.
- Episode 06: It’s a Wise Child.
- Episode 07: The Road to Bannu.
- Episode 08: The Inspector Calls.
You can find a full index and overview of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum here.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): David Croft.
- Producer(s): David Croft.
- Original Network: BBC One.
- Release Date: 03 January 1974 to 21 February 1974.
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.