The World Wars is a three-part (later six-part), six-hour event miniseries by the History Channel that premiered on Monday 26 May 2014 (Memorial Day), airing for three consecutive nights.
The Allies turn Germany away from France; leaders are dissatisfied with the Treaty of Versailles; Germany’s economy collapses with the end of the war; Hitler begins his rise to power; Lenin overthrows the tsarist government in Russia.
- The show began with a brief introduction recorded by United States President Barack Obama and a quote by Winston Churchill: “One must regard these 30 years of strife in Europe as part of one story…one story of a 30 years’ war.”
The World Wars Series
You can find a full index and outline of The World Wars here.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Jeremy Renner.
- Director(s): John Ealer.
- Producer(s): Stephen David, Russ McCarroll, Paul Cabana, Elaine Frontain Bryant, Christian Murphy, Brian Burstein, David C. White, Tim W. Kelly, and Randy Counsman.
- Writer(s): David C. White, John Ealer, Alec Michod, Chelsea Coates, Jordan Rosenblum, and David Schaye.
- Music: The 13 Brotherhood.
- Cinematography: Roger Chingirian.
- Editor(s): Tim W. Kelly and Jonathan Soule.
- Production: Stephen David Entertainment.
- Distributor(s):History Channel and H2.
- Release Date: 22 June 2014.
- Running time: 60 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.