“Chapter 7: The Reckoning” is the seventh episode of the first season of the American web television series The Mandalorian.
The episode stars Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian, a lone bounty hunter on the run with “The Child”.
It also stars Carl Weathers as Greef Karga, Gina Carano as Cara Dune, Nick Nolte as the voice of Kuiil, Taika Waititi as the voice of IG-11, Werner Herzog as The Client, and Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon.
It is the first live action series in the Star Wars franchise.
The Mandalorian receives a message from Greef Karga. Karga’s town has been overrun by Imperial troops led by the Client, who is desperate to recover the Child. Karga proposes that the Mandalorian use the Child as bait in order to kill the Client and free the town. In return, Karga will square things with the Guild, which would allow the Mandalorian and the Child to live in peace. Sensing a trap, the Mandalorian recruits Cara Dune and Kuiil the Ugnaught to assist him. Kuill has also rebuilt and reprogrammed IG-11 to act as a nurse droid instead of a bounty hunter, and the group journeys to Nevarro. Upon arrival they meet Karga and his associates, but en route to the town are attacked by Mynocks. Karga is injured but the Child uses the Force to heal his wound.
In return, Karga shoots his associates and explains that his original plan was to kill the Mandalorian and take the Child to the Client, but that after the Child saved his life, he could not go through with it. The group formulates a new plan: Karga will pretend that Dune captured the Mandalorian, and all three will enter the town to meet the Client. Meanwhile, Kuiil will return the Child to the ship. During the meeting, the Client receives a call from Moff Gideon, whose stormtroopers and deathtroopers surround the building and open fire, killing the Client. Gideon arrives and boasts that the Child will soon be in his possession. In the desert outside town, two scout troopers track and kill Kuiil and kidnap the Child. The last shot shows Kuiil in a heap on the ground.
- The episode features several stormtroopers in a single scene.
- Since the production team did not have enough suits for the troopers, they contacted the 501st Legion, a fan group dedicated to cosplay of stormtroopers, Imperial officers, and other Star Wars villains, to fill in the extra roles.
The Mandalorian Series
You can find a full index and overview of The Mandalorian here.
You can find a full index of The Mandalorian Series 01 here.
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
- Overview of LEGO Star Wars.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Deborah Chow.
- Producer(s): Jon Favreau.
- Writer(s): Jon Favreau.
- Cinematography: Greig Fraser and Barry Idoine.
- Editor(s): Andrew S. Eisen.
- Release Date: 18 December 2019.
- Running Time: 38 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.