‘Allo ‘Allo! is a British sitcom television series created by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, starring Gorden Kaye, and originally broadcast on BBC One.
The cafe staff return home after the balloon’s launch, only for the balloon to be shot down by General Von Klinkerhoffen and his troops. The balloon crash-lands in the attic bedroom. Following the incident, Von Klinkerhoffen remains in the area and assumes control, with Gruber installed as his ADC. The General plans a party at the chateau to celebrate the Kaiser’s birthday, as he is a distant relation. The Resistance, the German officers, and the Gestapo see this as the ideal situation to assassinate the General. However, the Gestapo discover the Resistance are plotting to blow up the chateau, so the party moves to the cafe, leaving René much less keen on the Resistance’s plans.
- Although this episode was broadcast soon after series 2, it is featured on the series 3 and 4 region 2 DVD boxset.
- In the region 1 area, this episode is featured on the series 2 DVD (at least sometimes under the title “Klinkerhoffen in Control”).
‘Allo ‘Allo! Series
You can find a full index and overview of ‘Allo ‘Allo! here.
You can find a full index of ‘Allo ‘Allo! Series 02 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): David Croft.
- Writer(s): David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd.
- Release Date: 26 December 1985.
- Running time: 25 to 45 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.