‘Allo ‘Allo! is a British sitcom television series created by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, starring Gorden Kaye, and originally broadcast on BBC One.
Everyone gets a surprise when the safe is blown up by LeClerc. As everyone flees the chateau, René and LeClerc – disguised as German soldiers – are captured by the Communist Resistance.
- In this episode, Rose Hill is once again credited without appearing and Kirsten Cooke (Michelle) is credited as the second person to appear on screen, even though it is actually Jack Haig (LeClerc) who does so.
- As the general threatens Gruber with being sent to the Russian front, he says “you could find yourself in Vladivostok by the end of the week”.
- This is either a joke or a lapsus on the creators’ part, since Vladivostock is on the Russian east coast, which the Germans were never even close to reaching during the entire war.
- This episode features the first appearances of Moira Foot as Denise Laroque, and of Carole Ashby as Louise.
- Alternative title: “Return Of The Paintings”.
‘Allo ‘Allo! Series
You can find a full index and overview of ‘Allo ‘Allo! here.
You can find a full index of ‘Allo ‘Allo! Series 05 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Martin Dennis.
- Writer(s): David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd.
- Release Date: 24 September 1988.
- Running time: 25 to 45 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.