‘Allo ‘Allo! is a British sitcom television series created by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, starring Gorden Kaye, and originally broadcast on BBC One.
Series 6 and subsequent episodes were 30 minutes in length, as they were not co-commissioned for the American market (as series 05 was).
Jack Haig was originally meant to star in the series; but his death before the start of production prevented this. As the LeClerc character was important to the series, Derek Royle was brought in to play the part of Ernest LeClerc, Roger’s brother. Naturally, the two characters are very similar in the roles that they play within the show’s plot.
The show also features the last appearance of Gavin Richards as Bertorelli who would be recast by Roger Kitter and Ernest would later be recast by Robin Parkinson.
The sixth series of the British Sitcom series ‘Allo ‘Allo! contains eight episodes which first aired between 02 September and 21 October 1989.
- Gorden Kaye as René Artois.
- Carmen Silvera as Edith Artois.
- Rose Hill as Madame Fanny La Fan.
- Vicki Michelle as Yvette Carte-Blanche.
- Sue Hodge as Mimi Labonq.
- Kirsten Cooke as Michelle Dubois.
- Derek Royle as Monsieur Ernest LeClerc.
- Kenneth Connor as Monsieur Alfonse.
- Richard Marner as Colonel Kurt von Strohm.
- Guy Siner as Lieutenant Hubert Gruber.
- Gavin Richards as Captain Alberto Bertorelli.
- Hilary Minster as General Erich von Klinkerhoffen.
- Richard Gibson as Herr Otto Flick.
- John Louis Mansi as Herr Engelbert von Smallhausen.
- Kim Hartman as Private Helga Geerhart.
- Arthur Bostrom as Officer Crabtree.
- John D. Collins as Officer Fairfax.
- Nicholas Frankau as Officer Carstairs.
‘Allo ‘Allo! Series
You can find a full index and overview of ‘Allo ‘Allo! here.
The following episode names are the ones found on the British R2 DVDs with alternative region titles given next to them (where applicable).
- Episode 01: Desperate Doings in the Graveyard or The Ghost of Rene.
- Episode 02: The Gestapo for the High Jump or It’s Raining Italians.
- Episode 03: The Nouvion Oars or The Goose and the Submarine.
- Episode 04: The Nicked Airmen or Playing Dead Again.
- Episode 05: The Airmen De-Nicked or Intelligence Officers.
- Episode 06: The Crooked Fences or The Fence.
- Episode 07: Crabtree’s Podgeon Pist or Fanny’s Wedding.
- Episode 08: Rising to the Occasion or The Flying Bed.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): David Croft and Martin Dennis.
- Writer(s): David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd.
- Release Date: 02 September 1989 to 21 October 1989.
- Running time: 25 to 45 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.