‘Allo ‘Allo! is a British sitcom television series created by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, starring Gorden Kaye, and originally broadcast on BBC One.
Series 8 marks a change in the series. Rather than continuing to tell the story from the end of the seventh series, the first episode picks up the story some two years later. This sees the departure of the two British airmen and Bertorelli from the series. John B. Hobbs became the producer for the show.
In this series the letters in the initial credits were yellow instead of white like all earlier series. Secondly, there was no exclamation mark, when the title “‘Allo ‘Allo” was shown on screen.
The eighth series of the British sitcom series ‘Allo ‘Allo! contains a Christmas special which aired on 24 December 1991, and seven episodes which first aired between 12 January and 01 March 1992.
- Gorden Kaye as René Artois.
- Carmen Silvera AS Edith Artois.
- Rose Hill as Madame Fanny La Fan.
- Vicki Michelle as Yvette Carte-Blanche.
- Sue Hodge as Mimi Labonq.
- Kirsten Cooke as Michelle Dubois.
- Robin Parkinson as Monsieur Ernest LeClerc.
- Kenneth Connor as Monsieur Alfonse.
- Richard Marner as Colonel Kurt von Strohm.
- Guy Siner as Lieutenant Hubert Gruber.
- Roger Kitter as Captain Alberto Bertorelli.
- Hilary Minster as General Erich von Klinkerhoffen.
- Richard Gibson as Herr Otto Flick.
- John Louis Mansi as Herr Engelbert von Smallhausen.
- Kim Hartman as Private Helga Geerhart.
- Arthur Bostrom as Officer Crabtree.
- John D. Collins as Officer Fairfax.
- Nicholas Frankau as Officer Carstairs.
‘Allo ‘Allo! Series
You can find a full index and overview of ‘Allo ‘Allo! here.
The following episode names are the ones found on the British R2 DVDs with alternative region titles given next to them (where applicable).
- Christmas Special: A Bun in the Oven or Pregnancy.
- Episode 01: Arousing Suspicions or Radio free Flamenco or The Radio Station.
- Episode 02: A Woman Never Lies or The Great Pay Robbery or Blackmail & Robbery.
- Episode 03: Hitler’s Last Heil or Blowing up Hitler or Dynamite For Hitler.
- Episode 04: Awful Wedded Wife or Lead Shortage or Capturing Hitler.
- Episode 05: Firing Squashed or Hitler Escapes! or Hitler On The Run.
- Episode 06: A Fishful of Francs or The Fish.
- Episode 07: Swan Song or Emigration or Escape to Spain.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): John B. Hobbs.
- Writer(s): Jeremy Lloyd and Paul Adam.
- Release Date: 24 December 1991 to 01 March 1992.
- Running time: 25 to 45 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.