Delta Force 03: The Killing Game, known simply as Delta Force 03, is a 1991 american action film.
It is the third and final film into the Delta Force trilogy. It is the only film in the series not to star Chuck Norris, although it does star his son Mike Norris.
Terrorist leader Kahlil Kadal has threatened to bomb Miami, Florida unless western influence is removed from the Middle East. In order to keep Kadal from detonating an atomic bomb in Miami, The Delta Force, with new leaders Charlie and Greg, are ordered to team up with a group of Russian Spetsnaz commandos and head to El-Qutar, Kadal’s hometown in the fictional country of Sudalia, so they can hunt for Kadal.
Kadal sends Anwar Hussein to Miami, with orders to detonate the bomb live on TV, where Hussein arranges for an assault on TV news producer Wendy Jackson. Turning up in time to save her, Hussein chases off the attackers and uses the situation to become close to Wendy. With friction between Charlie and Sergei growing, the mission does not start well, losing a Soviet team member almost immediately. Eventually they locate and apprehend Kadal, but at a cost, Pietre and Sam are killed and Greg is wounded. They learn Kadal has already sent his suicide bomber, Richard and Irenia interrogate Kadal and learn of the bombers identity.
As Hussein uses Wendy to get into the audience of a TV show about immigration into the US and has hidden the nuclear device in Wendy’s wheelchair. Charlie and Sergei arrive with Kadal just as Hussein has made his move, Kadal orders Hussein not to detonate the bomb while Sergei throws his knife from the balcony, Hussein shoots Kadal dead. Charlie catches the knife on the TV stage and drives it through Hussein’s foot that is pressing on the bombs trigger. With Hussein unable to release the trigger, Sergei shoots him between the eyes. Charlie looks up at Sergei and says “nice throw”, Sergei replies “nice catch” and the pair smile at each other in their newly found respect for each other.
- Delta Force:
- Nick Cassavetes as Maj. Charlie Stewart, commander of the Delta team.
- Matthew Penn as Lieutenant Richard O’Keefe, Delta Force’s intelligence officer.
- Mike Norris as Greg Lassiter, Delta Force point man.
- Eric Douglas as Sam, Delta Force explosives expert.
- Sandy Ward as General Wilson, JSOC commander.
- Spetsnaz GRU:
- John Ryan as Captain Sergei Ilyich Leskov, commander of Soviet Spetsnaz team.
- Hana Azoulay Hasfari as Irenia Usuri, Soviet intelligence officer.
- Mark Ivanir as Pietre Ivanovich, Soviet explosives expert.
- Gregory Tal as Bruk, Soviet heavy weapons specialist.
- Other Characters:
- Candace Brecker as Wendy Jackson, a TV news producer.
- Jonathan Cherchi as Kahlil Kadal, Sadalian terrorist leader.
- Dan Turgeman as Anwar Hussein, Sadalian suicide bomber.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Sam Firstenberg.
- Producer(s): Christopher Pearce.
- Writer(s): Boaz Davidson, Andrew Deutsch, and Greg Latter.
- Music: Robert Thomas Mein.
- Cinematography: Avraham Karpick.
- Editor(s): Michael J. Duthie.
- Distributor(s): Cannon Video and Warner Home Video.
- Release Date: 22 March 1991.
- Running Time: 97 minutes.
- Rating: R/18.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.