British historian David Olusoga, along with other historians, narrates the story of millions of Indian, African and Asian troops who fought and died alongside French and British troops to help win the war against Germany, Austro-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire.
The World’s War: Forgotten Soldiers of Empire looks at the entry of the Ottomon Empire into World War I and how the colonial empires of Europe drew manpower from their colonies to fight their enemies throughout the world. It looks at German efforts to instigate rebellion in the Muslim colonies of the Allies and examines Mir Mast expedition of Afghanistan. It also looks at the role of Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck’s African Askari in German East Africa. It examines European reactions of Indian and Chinese troops and workers in Dikkebus, Belgium. It also looks at how African …
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Leo Wringer.
- Director(s): Tim Kirby.
- Chris Grunland … executive producer (2 episodes, 2014).
- Tim Kirby … series producer (2 episodes, 2014).
- Ben Crichton … producer (1 episode, 2014).
- Production: BBC.
- Distributor(s): BBC.
- Original Network: BBC.
- Release Date: 13 August 2014.
- Running Time: 102 minutes (total running time).
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.