Admiral (Russian: Адмиралъ) is a 2009 biopic about Alexander Kolchak, a vice-admiral in the Imperial Russian Navy and leader of the anti-communist White Movement during the Russian Civil War.
The series also depicts the love triangle between the Admiral, his wife, and the poet Anna Timiryova.
The 10-part TV mini-series is an extended version of the 2008 movie.
The story of admiral Aleksandr Kolchak who remained faithful to his oath to the Russian Emperor and fought against the Bolshevik rule after the 1917 October Revolution.
Aleksandr Kolchak, an officer in the Russian navy, ascends to power amid a revolution and fights for the soul of the country he believes in, but he is privately hampered by efforts to maintain an affair without his wife’s knowledge.
- Konstantin Khabenskiy – Admiral Alexander Kolchak.
- Sergey Bezrukov – General Vladimir Kappel.
- Vladislav Vetrov – Captain Sergey Timirov.
- Elizaveta Boyarskaya – Anna Timiryova.
- Anna Kovalchuk – Sofia Kolchak.
- Egor Beroev – Mikhail Smirnov.
- Richard Bohringer – General Maurice Janin.
- Viktor Verzhbitsky – Alexander Kerensky.
- Nikolay Burlyaev – Nicholas II of Russia.
- Fyodor Bondarchuk – Director Sergei Bondarchuk.
- Olga Ostroumova.
- Nikolay Reutov.
- Igor Savochkin.
- Mikhail Eliseev.
- Episode 01: Voyna.
- Episode 02: Vozvrashchenie.
- Episode 03: Perevorot.
- Episode 04: T’ma.
- Episode 05: Schast’ye.
- Episode 06: Myatezh.
- Episode 07: Prigovor.
- Episode 08: Ishod.
- Episode 09: Rozhdestvo.
- Episode 10: Svidanie.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Andrey Kravchuk.
- Producer(s): Dzhanik Fayziev, Anatoliy Maksimov, and Dmitry Yurkov.
- Writer(s): Zoya Kudrya and Vladimir Valutskiy.
- Music: Gleb Matveychuk and Ruslan Muratov.
- Cinematography: Igor Grinyakin and Aleksei Rodionov.
- Editor(s): Tom Rolf.
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox.
- Release Date: 19 October 2009 to 30 October 2009.
- Running Time: 124 minutes.
- Rating: 15.
- Country: Russia.
- Language: Russian and French.