Spaceballs: The Animated Series, also known as Spaceballs: The Series, is an adult animated television series that premiered in 2008 on G4 and Canada’s Super Channel, and is loosely based on the parody science fiction film Spaceballs (1978).
Similarly to how the original film parodied the original Star Wars films and the Star Trek universe, each episode of the series parodies a different film or other aspect of popular culture, such as the Star Wars prequel trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, or the Grand Theft Auto video games.
Lone Starr and the gang go to a golf tournament at Mawgwarts academy. But President Skroob uses Dark Helmet to cheat using a magic diaper.
Parody/Spoof: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Spaceballs: The Animated Series
You can find a full index and outline of Spaceballs: The Animated Series here.
Star Wars Series
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Hardware Wars (1978).
- Spaceballs (1987).
- Spaceballs: The Animated Series (2008).
- Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle (1999).
- Family Guy TV Series:
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
- Overview of LEGO Star Wars.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Chad Hammes.
- Writer(s): Julie Chambers and David Chambers.
- Release Date: 26 December 2008.
- Running Time: 30 minutes (per episode, approximate).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.