Spaceballs: The Animated Series, also known as Spaceballs: The Series, is an adult animated television series that premiered in 2008 on G4 and Canada’s Super Channel, and is loosely based on the parody science fiction film Spaceballs (1978).
Similarly to how the original film parodied the original Star Wars films and the Star Trek universe, each episode of the series parodies a different film or other aspect of popular culture, such as the Star Wars prequel trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, or the Grand Theft Auto video games.
Skroob is way behind in the re-election polls, so he and Dark Helmet go back in time to kill the great great etc grandmother of his opponent.
Parody/Spoof: The Terminator (1984).
Spaceballs: The Animated Series
You can find a full index and outline of Spaceballs: The Animated Series here.
Star Wars Series
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Hardware Wars (1978).
- Spaceballs (1987).
- Spaceballs: The Animated Series (2008).
- Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle (1999).
- Family Guy TV Series:
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
- Overview of LEGO Star Wars.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Jason Raines and Michael Montaine.
- Writer(s): Joe Meehan.
- Release Date: 08 February 2009.
- Running Time: 30 minutes (per episode, approximate).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.