‘Allo ‘Allo! is a British sitcom television series created by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, starring Gorden Kaye, and originally broadcast on BBC One.
There is a gap of fifteen months between the broadcasting dates of series 06 and 07.
Gorden Kaye suffered serious head injuries in a car accident in January 1990; causing him to lose some of his memory. As Kaye was slow to make a full recovery, the whole show’s future was in doubt. Even when the seventh series did come about, it brought some changes.
David Croft left the series, with Paul Adam taking over the co-writing; Mike Stephens became the producer for the show; Robin Parkinson took over the role of Ernest LeClerc from Derek Royle, who had died in 1990; Roger Kitter replaced Gavin Richards as Bertorelli; and the series also saw the reappearance of Sam Kelly as Captain Hans Geering, though only for one episode.
Unlike in previous series, there was no exclamation mark when the title “‘Allo ‘Allo” was shown on screen.
The seventh series of the British sitcom series ‘Allo ‘Allo! contains ten episodes which first aired between 05 January 1991 and 09 March 1991.
- Gorden Kaye as René Artois.
- Carmen Silvera AS Edith Artois.
- Rose Hill as Madame Fanny La Fan.
- Vicki Michelle as Yvette Carte-Blanche.
- Sue Hodge as Mimi Labonq.
- Kirsten Cooke as Michelle Dubois.
- Robin Parkinson as Monsieur Ernest LeClerc.
- Kenneth Connor as Monsieur Alfonse.
- Richard Marner as Colonel Kurt von Strohm.
- Guy Siner as Lieutenant Hubert Gruber.
- Roger Kitter as Captain Alberto Bertorelli.
- Hilary Minster as General Erich von Klinkerhoffen.
- Richard Gibson as Herr Otto Flick.
- John Louis Mansi as Herr Engelbert von Smallhausen.
- Kim Hartman as Private Helga Geerhart.
- Arthur Bostrom as Officer Crabtree.
- John D. Collins as Officer Fairfax.
- Nicholas Frankau as Officer Carstairs.
‘Allo ‘Allo! Series
You can find a full index and overview of ‘Allo ‘Allo! here.
The following episode names are the ones found on the British R2 DVDs with alternative region titles given next to them (where applicable).
- Episode 01: A Quiet Honeymoon or Forged Papers.
- Episode 02: An Almighty Bang orExploding Candles.
- Episode 03: Fleeing Monks or Flying to England.
- Episode 04: Up the Crick Without a Piddle or Rene in England.
- Episode 05: The Gestapo Ruins a Picnic or Telegraph Poles.
- Episode 06: The Spirit of Nouvion.
- Episode 07: Leg It to Spain! or Wine Barrels.
- Episode 08: Prior Engagements or A Mixed Marriage.
- Episode 09: Soup and Sausage or Ice Cream.
- Episode 10: Rene of the Gypsies or Gypsies.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Mike Stephens and Sue Longstaff.
- Writer(s): Jeremy Lloyd and Paul Adam.
- Release Date: 05 January 1991 to 09 March 1991.
- Running time: 25 to 45 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.