Two-part documentary telling the story of the battle for control of the North Sea during the First World War.
Also known as Scotland’s War at Sea.
Part 02: The Battle of the U-Boats.
As the Great War began, the Royal Navy rushed to Orkney’s great natural harbour, Scapa Flow.
David Hayman uncovers the compelling characters of the little-known naval war – cautious Admiral Jellicoe and Admiral Beatty, a playboy.
The story of great technologies and epic battles for control of the North Sea.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): David Hayman.
- Director(s): Andy Twaddle.
- Rachel Bell … executive producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- David Harron … executive producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- Laura Mitchell … assistant producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- Andy Twaddle … producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- Jackie Williamson … production executive (2 episodes, 2016).
- Editor(s): Tony Dickinson.
- Release Date: 07 April 2015 (episode 01) and 14 April 2015 (episode 02).
- Production: BBC Scotland.
- Distributor(s): BBC Two (2015) and BBC Four (2016).
- Running Time: 59 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.