Two-part documentary telling the story of the battle for control of the North Sea during the First World War.
Also known as Scotland’s War at Sea.
Part 01: The Dreadnoughts of Scapa Flow.
In April 1917, German U-boats were sinking a dozen British ships every day. The first sea lord, Jellicoe, warned that Britain might not be able to carry on fighting into 1918.
In the second of this two-part series, David Hayman explores Germany’s World War One U-boat threat and the fascinating and dastardly ploys Britain used against the submarines.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): David Hayman.
- Director(s): Andy Twaddle.
- Rachel Bell … executive producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- David Harron … executive producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- Laura Mitchell … assistant producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- Andy Twaddle … producer (2 episodes, 2016).
- Jackie Williamson … production executive (2 episodes, 2016).
- Editor(s): Tony Dickinson.
- Release Date: 07 April 2015 (episode 01) and 14 April 2015 (episode 02).
- Production: BBC Scotland.
- Distributor(s): BBC Two (2015) and BBC Four (2016).
- Running Time: 59 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.