Navy Log is an American drama anthology series that initially aired for one season on CBS.
It relates the greatest survival war stories in the history of the United States Navy. The series premiered in 1955, but the following year, it was moved to ABC, where it aired until 1958.
Anthology series focusing on the lives of America’s sailors.
The show featured dramatic re-enactments of true Naval events taken from the files of the US Defence Department.
The episodes generally featured little known actors although better known performers sometimes hosted.
The famed opening sequence shows 2,000 sailors spelling out the show’s title aboard the USS Hancock.
Navy Log Series
You can find a full index and overview of Navy Log here.
- Episode 01: The Ballad of Big E.
- Episode 02: Call Conrad.
- Episode 03: Phantom Commander.
- Episode 04: Capture of the U-505.
- Episode 05: Human Bomb.
- Episode 06: PT 109.
- Episode 07: The Commander and the Kid.
- Episode 08: Fire at Sea.
- Episode 09: Storm Within.
- Episode 10: P.O.W. at Forty Fathoms.
- Episode 11: One If by Sea.
- Episode 12: The Amateurs.
- Episode 13: Joe Foss, Devilbird.
- Episode 14: The Beach Pounders.
- Episode 15: The Big White Albatross.
- Episode 16: The Butchers of Kapsan.
- Episode 17: The Lonely Watch.
- Episode 18: The Blood Line.
- Episode 19: American U-Boat III.
- Episode 20: The Way of the Wrangell.
- Episode 21: And Then There Were None or The Last Battlewagon.
- Episode 22: Blood Alley.
- Episode 23: The Draft Dodger.
- Episode 24: The Soapbox Kid.
- Episode 25: Helldivers Over Greece.
- Episode 26: One Grand Marine.
The first four (4) episodes of season 3 were produced at the end of season 2, this would make 39 episodes for that season based on early copyright dates for these 4 episodes.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 18 September 1957 to 20 March 1958.
- Running Time: 22-24 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.